Sunday 4 January 2015

Festival of Romance 2015 - book now...

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

I'm not quite back into normal routine yet as all the family have been here, but this week a regular schedule will return to the household...

Last year I missed The Festival of Romance as it was in September- it clashed with my son moving into university accommodation. So I'm very pleased that 2015's Festival is back to November.

Details here. Dates: 6th - 8th November 2015.

This year the festival will be held a few miles from Stratford upon Avon (yes, Shakespeare country), and as there is the opportunity to secure exclusive use of the hotel for the festival weekend, the organisers would like people to book with a £50 deposit now- the balance to be paid in September.

The ticket price includes all events, and breakfast and dinner as listed in the programme details. This link gives you the 2015 programme - looks like a great time.

For the history enthusiast, the hotel was converted from a Manor House, but does apparently have the 'mod cons'- free wifi and parking. And a few minutes walk away is Charlecote Park, a National Trust 16th century country house.

If I'd been travelling by train as I did in 2013, I would have taken up the option of the extra Sunday night for an additional charge, but I'm taking the shorter travel route this year - car.

Now I have to start saving... :D








11 comments:

Kath McGurl said...

Hmm, I quite fancy this.... either this or the RNA conference for me in 2015. Don't think I can quite afford both.

Carolb said...

That's always the difficulty, Kath, the time and costs have to be considered.

I'm closer to the location of this year's event, so I can save on travel costs by my husband driving me.

But it's good to have so much choice available, whichever one you opt for. :-)

Rosemary Gemmell said...

That sounds wonderful, Carol - I've never managed to get to this festival yet, although I do try to go to the RNA conference when possible. Might be better for me this year if it's in November!

Carolb said...

Thanks, Patsy, I'm sure I will. This time it won't be as daunting as my first Romance Festival in 2013- I know a lot more writers now. :)

Carolb said...

I've been once before and it was very enjoyable, Rosemary. Hopefully we will eventually get to meet in person. :-)

And of course, get a group of writers together, you can't help having an good time- I'm sure the RNA events share a similar atmosphere.

liz young said...

Hope the car journey is uneventful and the Festival eventful!

Teresa Ashby said...

Sounds great, Carol :-) xx

Nicola said...

Happy New Year, Carol!! Car is a wise option, given the ludicrous train prices. Sounds like fun!! Wishing you a fabulous and inspirational year filled with success.

Carolb said...

Thanks, Lizy. I'm hoping so. :)

Carolb said...

I had a great time previously, Teresa, so expect this year will be just as good. :)

Carolb said...

Happy New Year to you too, Nicola.

By car it's only about 90 minutes from home, but by train it's the necessity of changing trains-and stations- and a three hour journey minimum, plus the cost.

I'm inspired already this year. :)